Random thoughts and statements, too lazy and well, busy, to write real post.
1. James Blunt on Oprah. Gorgeous man candy. I could do without hearing that " youre beautiful youre beautiful" song ever again, but dayam. Hot British man at the piano = Sarah takes off clothes in Oprah audience. His other songs are wonderful.
2. As much as I curse it, I could never leave Texas. Whataburger and the 'near-future' tense, "fixin' to", are 2 reasons.
3. Go Kinky Friedman.
4. My teacher certification has been waaaay too much work for what its worth. I of course procrastinated on my massive portfolio, and will have to give the kids a free day tomorrow while I work on it. It wouldn't complain if it weren't so stupid. " What kind of insight can you give us on seating charts?" You ask me bullshit questions, I'll give you bullshit answers.
5. Am I the only person ever who doesn't think Monty Python is that funny ( when sober ) ?
6. Why is gravy so delicious?
7. I made a mental list of books I wanted to read starting now into the summer. I'm going to undertake One Hundred Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel M... forgot his name, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, and Dress Your Family in Courdoroy and Denim ( if I can ever get my hands on a copy. Grr. )
8. I think I'm addicted to Matt. I know it's cheezy but I am. I think I go through physical withdrawal when we spend too much time apart. We're magnetic; the couch is our natural habitat. The bar ( or Mr. Chopsticks ) is our hunting ground.( Though, when we're in Austin, we plan to jog through the park every morning. Cept the day after St. Paddy's day. God knows where we'll be passed out then. )
9. I slipped and said "...so don't half-ass it" in class today when I was tired and trying to make myself clear about a project. The kids FREAKED OUT. I keep having to remind myself that cursing is still a major thrill to 14 and 15 year olds. When I was that age, I got a thrill saying "crap" out loud. I need to be more careful.
10. Mayumi is messaging to ask me to take her to the wine store at 10 PM because she can't find her license. She wants to buy sake to marinate steak. I don't know that much about cooking, but I think sake would be a HORRIBLE marinade. But then again, I thought miller high life pork chops would taste bad and they were heavenly. Still, I'm not buying sake at 10 PM. Jeez, why am I even up?

3 Comments:
they keep playing monty python on PBS and i hate it. i never thought it was funny before, but i thought to myself maybe i just never gave it a chance. i sat there for 20 minutes before i wanted to hit someone.
not. funny.
#2 - Ditto on the Whataburger. I would totally give up beef thanks to mad cow, but I'm a sucker for Whataburger hamburgers. They have it right. Burger king comes close, but they are a distanct second. Can't say I use "fixin' to" too much, but I do say "Howdy" quite a bit. Probably the Aggie in me.
#3 - I saw Kinky at a bar less than a week ago! Damn, he's ugly! But, I will be signing his petition. Screw Perry and the democrats.
#5 - you just crossed a line. Come on... the Camelot musical number in Holy Grail? The Funniest Joke in the World skit? The Dead Parrot? I will concede that it is very british, but sometimes british can be good. (See the Office).
#9 - Potty mouth.
Oh, I love the British version of the Office. :) :) The American one would suck if Steve Carrell wasn't on it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home