I am officially on spring break! Matt keeps calling and making sure we're going to Austin. It's just 3 hours away but we're excited :). It's beautiful and spring-y outside today . I didn't have much planned for class today, so we just did French mad-libs and I spent time just getting to know the students. Man, it's like night and day. I quoted some ludakris and won their hearts over. I told the punk kids that Avenged Sevenfold's song " bat country" is from a line from " fear and loathing in las vegas" and they freaked out that I knew anything about "their music". I think I previously convinced them that I stay home grading papers all weekend and that I go to bed at 9 PM every night in a little teacher bubble. Muahahaha. Success.
Speaking of music, as I was racing to Region 10 to turn in my 30-page portfolio ( thank GOD thats over ), " the day the music died" by Don McLean came on Jack FM ( In Austin it's Bob FM, the multi-format station ). I rolled down the windows and cranked it up excited that it was finally spring break, and that the weather was so nice. I actually listened to the lyrics ( it's a really long song ) and wondered what he was talking about. I knew it was about the plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, but that's all I knew. So being the nerd I am, I googled the song and this is the first link I came to:
http://www.rareexception.com/Garden/Pie.php
Very, very interesting! Songwriters nowadays are slacking, I think.
Well, the Suzy comes to town tomorrow. I have a cert. test that I'm not going to study for. I found out I passed ExCet today, grace a dieu. Suzi and I are going to a wedding at Irving Arts Center, and later that night we're hitting up Pete's Dueling Pianos. I am going to request " You Never Call Me By My Name". I can't wait...this is also the night I initiate " Operation Suzi Rescue"...we'll see!
Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:
okay that link about the Don McLean lyrics has the most popups and spyware I have ever encountered on the internet.
hmm,nothing came up on my computer...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home