Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Matt and I went to Art6 so he could study and I could sit around and be entertained and drink coffee. I brought my GRE book ( which now, I think the 'e' in gre stands for 'easy' ) and had a "barbara's bullet" espresso. Make that 4 shots of espresso.

Take note my computer clock says 2:24 A, and I need to be getting ready for another stellar day of work at 5:30. Dumbest idea ever when you don't need to be awake, espresso is.

It was nice though; being around college kids instead of boring work force people. Art6 is a cute and trendy house o coffee, where there are more couches than tables. People sit around with their iPods and laptops with wifi ( still don't know what that means ) and pretend to study. My insane coffee buzz was not wasted; I memorized 2 pages of gre buzz-word vocab, and made up sentences to remember the words. Like:

I abscond from work, every day. ( abscond = sneak off, clandestinely )
expulpiate. ex=not culpa, like mea culpa, or culpable = guilty. exonerate from guilt
that chick is chock full o' chicanery. ( trickery )

Je suis une nerde, after all. I was begining to think being a 9th grade teacher was making me stupid.

funny convo ( at least to me ):
Matt: you know who tupac amaru is?
Me: Yeah. Tupac.
Matt: You don't know Tupac.
Me: Yeah I do. Tupac Amaru Shakur. Rapper. Dead.
Matt: Nah. He's this guy in Peru who fought the Spaniards. He was trying to conquer over them, but he failed, and they tore him limb from limb. They threw a body part in every village.
Me: Like Braveheart? Wait, what does this have to do with Tupac the rapper? He's not Peruvian.
Matt: Uhh...anyway. My brother named the new baby after him. Arthur Amaru Victorio.
Me: cool, like the rapper.
Matt: umm, no.

Btw, the baby's doing fine after open heart surgery at 3 days old. Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home