Hi folks. I'm sitting at a G-D starbucks right now because the f-ing cable company is doing something with their fiber optic cables...and my internet has been down for 2 days. I got a post card about it in the mail a few days ago. If it's off again tomorrow, I'm going to call and make sure they don't charge me for those days.
Even so, I really don't have anything interesting to report. I've been very, very boring lately. And I guess this is a good thing; being settled and content is something I've wanted for a long time. No highs, no lows, just coasting on auto-pilot. I know I'll get bored of it soon but I'm hoping I can be blissfully ignorant for a little while longer.
One funny thing though, I had to sit in another teacher's class today while he was out sick ( the flu epidemic is red alert right now in D. County ). I reached for a pen and casually looked at the writing on the side of it. " Jane So-and-So, Coming out Advisor. BE YOUR TRUE SELF!!" And it had a website. Can you imagine, that is someone's JOB? She's not a liscensed counselor, and judging by her website, ( yeah I checked it out ) she's not even gay. Hmm. Lubbock area code, too. So then I got to thinkin, how did my married-with-kids co-worker come to own this pen? HMMMM. I'm tellin' ya, schools are gossip gold mines.
I'm taking Matt to III Forks Steak House for Valentines/his birthday. I've conceded to the fact that I will never have another romantic princess Vday again....and I'm cool with that. I'm happy to spoil Matt on his birthday. He seems bummed about 27. I've got to be honest, 27 sounds pretty old to me. Like time to pick a damn wife and settle down. Oops, did I say that? I'm juuuuuust kidding! I've gotta say that the past 2 months have been the best of our relationship only rivaled by our first dates. Anyway, III Forks -- last time I was there was after winter ball my senior year in high school. My bf at the time had a bunch of money, or his parents' did. I don't know why they thought it was ok for their son to take their credit card to this swank place but we went -- and I had filet mignon and a salad with apples and walnuts in it under a freakin' chandelier. Said BF ruined it though, when he saw me trying to cut into my steak " geez, were you raised in a barn or what?" That one little "joke" made me feel 2 inches tall. I didn't eat steak for a good year after that. Now, I have a much cuter and fun boyfriend, and I'm throwing down my own benjamins for yummy steak. I can cut my meat however I damn well please. ( And Matt would never criticize me for table manners! )
But for the record I am a very dainty and proper steak cutter now.
Labels: entertainment, food, ourstory

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home