Alright, so pretty much all my earthly posessions are in boxes. I finally threw away a ton of stuff....pictures of ex boyfriends, scrapbook stuff, old college notebooks. I went to Luna de Noche one last time and have a little margarita buzz. So. Goodbye Dallas, I will miss you and try to visit often. Goodbye Great China on Frankford; goodbye Willowbend Mall, goodbye the Londoner, Duke's, and Blackfinn in Addison. Goodbye Lower Greenville and your overpriced crowded bars. Goodbye West Plano and all your distractions. Goodbye Clay Pit and your succulent rack of lamb that always kept my baby happy. Goodbye Deep Ellum and your loft apartments and delicious Monica's. Goodbye Gloria's and your salsa dancing. Goodbye driving down Campbell Rd. after getting some coldstone ice cream and gaping at your huge mansions. Goodbye Dallas North Tollway and your easy access to downtown. Goodbye.
Hello....Denton, Ive missed you. My, you've changed. Hello new pei wei, hello beloved Lucky Lou's and Cool Bean's. Hello Giuseppe's and El Guapo and Thai Ocha and Mr. Chopsticks. Hello new life with my love. Hello second half of my twenties.
Holy crap.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home