God I am such a couch potato this week.
Have you ever had a moment like when you learn a new word, and all the sudden hear that word over and over again in the same day? That happens to me a lot.
For instance, in one of my favorite movies "Garden State", there's a scene where Zach Braff ( Largeman )'s friend is explaining at a party that Largeman was an actor and was in New Jersey for a press junkett. ( He was in NJ really because his mom died and he didn't want to talk about it. ) The friend says " see man, that's improv. Fuckin' DeNiro and shit. ATTICA!!"
I never got that.
Until todayyyyy....Matt turned on 'dog day afternoon' with AL PACINO ( not Robert DeNiro ) , which is a movie from the 70's about a bank robbery gone horribly wrong. After releasing a hostage Pacino goes out in the street and starts shouting ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA! I made the connection between Garden State and this movie, but still did not know what Attica was.
Later today after running errands I hopped back on ye olde couche and flipped to the History Channel...and lo and behold, there is a documentary about the Attica, NY prison riot of 1971.
Ahh, so now that makes sense. I guess. How random though, right?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home