The past 2 days could accurately be described as hell. Moving is a sombitch, I'll tell you, but you probably already know that. Tuesday I ran around canceling things and paying things, and then got lost on the way to get the Uhaul. Matt's patience was tried even before I made him start lifting things. It took us almost 3 hours to load the truck just from my apartment alone, because I am a packrat and even though I threw out a lot, I don't throw out enough. I have the "ikea nesting instinct" like on Fight Club, and while that stuff is nice, I suck at building things on my own so as soon as you try to move say a desk down stairs, the thing will immediately fall apart. Matt attempted to strangle me several times because of my shitty packing job, but ultimately resisted because then no one would help him pay bills in the new place. :)
The worst part now. While Matt went ahead in the Uhaul , I was in my car in the left turn lane when some random Dipshit Magee in a rental truck w/ trailer decides to make a uturn from the middle lane of a 4 lane major road ( which isnt even a turn lane at all ). He side swiped me and knocked me onto the median.
I was fine, but my car was not and I called Matt and I guess I wasn't very clear, because he thought I had been physically hit, and he himself almost did a uturn in the middle of the highway to come back. Brave man :). Cops were called. I was so mad I didn't even want to look at this driver because I was exhausted and dirty and frazzled. It was an old man, who was moving himself. Brilliant. I rode in the back of the cop car back and forth to get his information, and because this road was too dangerous to cross on foot. Long story short, not my fault, my car is being fixed, costing a little less than 2 grand, insurance paying it all, won't have my precious green saturn back for at least a week. Awesome.
Moving into the new place was just as bad as moving out of the old place, stuff was thrown around the uhaul, we had to pack up Matt's place...it's been non-stop.
It could have been worse. I could have died, we could have wrecked the uhaul and that would have been a million times worse, Matt and I could have ACTUALLY fought and not just pretend fight. I feel like we passed test number 1: not killing each other in the moving process.
The good news: INTERNET haha, the wii is hooked up, our kitchen is huge, and everything is accounted for. It's raining today but at least it didn't rain on all my stuff yesterday.
So, I think the hell part is over. This better work cause I ain't moving again for a LONG LONG time.

1 Comments:
omg, glad you're OK.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home