Ok, let's try this again...last time I had my whole sad story all typed out and the computer crashed. Ahahahah; crashed.
When I have a bad day...it's a baaaaaaaad day.
Thursday: This was the day of my job interview at Sear's. Yes; my job search in Denton has been reduced to this. So I put on my sunday best and waited an hour to give my bullshit answers to their bullshit questions like " How would you describe excellent customer service?" I felt like I was trying out for the " Miss Retail Sales Bitch" pageant. Anway, I have a second interview in oh, 6 and a half hours with the head of the appliance department. Ugh, why can't I have a real job?! Anyway, selling refrigerators didn't sound too glamorous to me so I wasn't really planning on showing up for the second interview until the events of today. More on that later.
That night I was invited over to Rob and Andrew's to eat dinner. Rob's coworker Ashley was there and we all made a throw-together feast that was very tasty. After dinner we all went out to the Londondairy Oaks pool to watch the sun go down and get our feet wet. It was still pretty hot so Ashley wanted to get in the pool, and didn't think twice to strip down to her skivvies and jump in. She encouraged me to do the same too, but I didn't think it was sucha great idea. Finally as it was pretty dark and still pretty hot...and the water felt very nice and all, I got down to my vicki's secret and jumped in while Rob wasn't looking. It was very nice swimming around and looking at the moon, and we even got Rob to jump in in his shorts so it was all even. Then the lights around the pool started to come on or get brighter so it seemed, and I was feeling rather naked in my white undies so I was about to get out when the apartment manager came in with her kids ( there was no one else at the pool except us at the time ). The kids jumped in and I retreated to a dark corner...debating on whether to jump out of the pool now and make a bee line for the towel on the chaise lounge, or wait some more hoping the manager and her kids would leave...althewhile risking being discovered by the pool boy who was about to come lock up. I decided to be semi-suave and get out at that moment.( Ashley wasn't in the same predicament as me bc her wild tropical underwear actually could pass off as a bathing suit ). Of course my plan of pretending like I was weaing an actual bathing suit failed as i dropped the towel in the water by accident ...then dropping my clothes...just being as OBVIOUS as i could. I ran back to rob's apartment for safety while hearing my friends die of laughter behind me...people were coming out of their apartments startled to see a sopping wet questionably naked girl drop her friend's keys all the way down the stairs....anyway. It could always be worse...but it was very reminicant of just about EVERY bad dream I've had. Very bad judgement on my part.
Friday: ...Was supposed to be a grrreeat day. Now that I think of it....it started out crappily. My straightening iron shorted out, and I didn't work out this morning. As I was pulling out of my parking space after checking my mirrors like 3 times bc I know people drive like drunk morons 24-7 in the University Courtyards parking lot, I knicked some dumbass's grand cherokee because they were going 50 mph thru the lot while I was backing out. No damage tho. I met my dad and sister in Plano and ate a fabulous lunch at Friday's. I think my dad even got a little drunk as he drank 2 huge beers while me and my sister had dessert. We asked him hard questions like " How old is great grandma Cox now?" Toast to my daddy as the alcoholism gene skipped his generation. He took us shopping after that. Ha...I know, I know. It's not cool for your parents to take you back-to-school shopping when you're 20. But there were some really good sales. I got some good stuff. :)
We had parted ways after grocery shopping down at the walmart in garland, and in my infinte wisdom, I thought it feasible to cross 6 lanes of traffic to go to the gas station across the street before I headed back. I was halfway there in the median when this huge-ass Expedition got in my way and I couldn't see around it. I figured since there weren't any cars behind it 2 seconds before, there wouldnt be any then and I could safely floor it to the other side.
Oh, how I was wrong.
Unlike my last wreck, this was very fast. I was so stunned I didn't even know what I had hit. Whatever it was...it was very hard...like whiplash hard, and I went into a spin and luckily didn't get hit by anything else. My stupid airbag didn't even deploy. Somehow I got into the parking lot across the street and surveyed the damage. My entire front bumper had been ripped off. One head light crushed. The stupid plastic gril that said " ford"...gone. I hate that fucking car so much. Now I wonder if maybe I drive like such an idiot because I didn't care that this hunk of plastic got destroyed. Anyway. The woman I hit wasn't hurt. She was actually very nice about everything...even when I had to get my sister to bring up my insurance card from home when I didn't have the right one with me. I think the main reason she was being cool was because I took the blame for everything. I was just so embarrassed.....so pissed off. My dad came by with 200 dollars and sped off as " I am an adult and should take care of my own problems like an adult" so I had to find, call, and wait for a tow truck. 75 bucks...all of which I am going to pay back to my dad out of guilt and to try to prove that I'm not a complete screwup. After everything was said and done, I felt very much like the run-over plastic pieces that are still in the middle of North Garland road, between the walmart and the target.
So now I have to get that job. Or any job. I don't know if I can go to San Antonio now. I don't know how soon I can get my car fixed or IF I should even attempt to...if it's totaled....I think I'll have to save up several paychecks and maybe offer up my mangled hunk of plastic ford-ness as a downpayment....if they even let you do that. I just don't know about anything right now..we won't have an estimate until monday. All this is running through my head right now so of course I can't go to sleep. I got my sister to come up here to drive me around this weekend so she's asleep in my bed right now. Lucky.
So yeah, don't feel sorry for me. Makes for a good story, huh?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home