Monday, July 07, 2003

Wow, its July 7 already! How insane. Thought I'd do a little update...

1. SCHOOL IS OVER! Wow, never doing that again........that is, trying to take math, science, and a lab all in one summer mester. I made an A in astronomy and a B in the lab. Math however, well we won't be discussing that.

2. The job is over too, meaning I need to get a new job so I can afford such luxuries such as food. ( Ok, and...the San Antonio weekend....the Jason Mraz ticket I bought on my dad's credit card...) Speaking of Jason Mraz ( who I'm so extremely excited about seeing ), does anyone want to go with me? The person who said they'd go with me *ahem, *cough* joshmahn, can't go or something, but it's going to be AWESOME! and i dont want to be myself. It's relatively cheap compared to most large venues, and the Granada is so cute and intimate as long as you know where to stand and the air conditioner doesn't go out. So let me know if you're interested!

3. A little about my weekend. I made a deal with my momma that I would come to Garland because Ive been avoiding it like the plague. It was also my baby cousin's baptism in Houston so I said I'd go to that too. It was my understanding we'd all drive down together but my mom, stepdad and brother left early. So, I came home Friday and had lunch with Suzi and Emmy Harris at Chili's...where we used to ditch our junior year phys n ana class or go after school and get appetizers. I missed my gal pals so much it was just really really nice to kick it with the girls. We went to Lauren's pool and shot the shit and pushed Suzi in the water. I got a nice sunburn. We got the idea to make ammends with an old friend we hadn't spoken to since graduation. I'm all for forgiveness, and not holding grudges, and just generally being mature about things. Well, when we got to said friend's house, her mother the Ice Bitch answered the door. She said the friend wasn't there and gave us her cell phone number -- the wrong cell phone number. Anyway, Suze remembered the right number and we made a lunch date for the next day. So after all that, I was really in pain from being sun scorched ( see; I toldya I go from pasty to crispy in a matter of 5 minutes ) so I went home and didn't even bother to make plans for watching fireworks. It was really quiet in the empty house except for a weird distant chirping, but I didn't think twice about it because I live in Sachse; there are all sorts of weird critters. I absent-mindedly walk into the downstairs bathroom to find 3 baby ducks in a little cage squaking their heads off at me. They weren't even cute. I mean, my family is so insane. #1: we already have 3 ducks lving in our back yard ( my brother's easter present last year ). #2: why do we have 3 more ducks?!?! #3: why was I not informed there were more ducks? Am I supposed to be taking care of them?? I decided it wasn't my problem and watched elimidate, and fell asleep on the couch. Next day: I'm informed we're going to pick up Andy! Andy is another friend I haven't seen in like....a year and a half. So...we had a little mini-reunion between the 5 of us in the car on the way to Mockingbird Station. By then it was raining like crazy so we took refuge in Urban Outfitters where I had to practically tie my hands behind my back not to buy anything. Then, we saw the friend on the corner across the street under an umbrella, smoking up a storm...not looking at all different from the last day of highschool even though its been 2 years. Lunch was very very awkward at first. We all went to Margarita Ranch and mostly relied on Andy to fill the silence. Then we decided to go around in a circle ( a la AA meetings ) and went over what we'd been up to the last 2 years. That broke the ice a lot. By the end of lunch, things were going much better and Suzi and the friend went outside to make ammends....or rather, have the friend guilt-trip suzi for the way she had been treating. Not very classy in my oppinion. We all then realized WHY we hadn't talked to this friend in so long. SHE HAD NOT CHANGED ONE LITTLE BIT. I mean, even the most immature person *should* in 2 years gain some wisdom and grace. But oh no, not here. So, we all said goodbye and realized it would be another 2 years at least before we all got together like this again. We all agreed that this wasn't such a bad thing. I got home and my sister was back from the lake so we took off to Houston. Traffic sucked, there were cops everywhere...but me and Ems bonded in the 5 hours it took to get there. She's a lot like me...except without all the mistakes I made when I was her age. See; the oldest kid is always the guinea pig. I'm not saying my life was one big tragedy...but I could have done a lot of things differently and my parents see this also, especially pertaining to school, so they have a lot more leniance with my sister. " You want to quit IB math? Suuuure, go right ahead!" Anyway, we get there and I play with Mikey the cutest and smartest baby ever. I watched The Hours with my step cousin and her boyfriend...my Aunt and Uncle. It was a decent movie...not as good as I thought it'd be. A lot of " i-want-to-be-a-lesbian-or-die" action going on. My Uncle decided that if these women got jobs or a real life, they wouldn't want to die so much. Nice insight. Anyway, the baptism was really nice. My Aunt and Uncle's church is by Rice U in Houston in this gorgeous area. The church was beautiful...stained glass windows, flying buttresses, huge floor-to-ceiling pipe organ. They had a quintet from Denmark sing stuff in Latin. Everything was just really ornate...but I must say that was the longest church service I had been to in forever. Almost 2 hours. Then there was the reception and cruising around Houston with my step cousin and babysitting my little brother. The traffic coming home was really bad....I got so bored I broke down and started reading Harry Potter! Yes, I am one of the masses. I started reading 'trainspotting' by Irvine Welsh bc I can't find "ecstacy" anywhere. It was way too hard to read as it is writing in scottish slang. So Harry Potter. I'm reading the 3rd book " Prisoner of...Azkabar? Azkaban? Taliban?" I can't remember. It's decent....400 pages though. That's insane! what 8-12 year old would want to read a 400 page book? Well, when I'm done reading it...mayyyybe I'll write a review.

I realize this is long and pointless now :) Now to find a job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home