Time for an update!
A lot has happened and at the same time, nothing has happened.
1. I found out that my performance in college is sub-par, according to what I need to be doing in grad school. My advisor is an Über bitch, so I try to avoid going to her. However, I needed to find out what the hell I should do with the last year and a half of college. As it turns out, I am doing the following things to ensure that I at least have a stab at getting into a reputable grad school:
* retaking 12 hours ( yes, 12 ) of excrutiatingly boring class that I got Bs or Cs in that I know I can bring up to A's to boost the ol GPA
* vowing to make all A's or come close to death trying for the rest of my time at UNT
* volunteering at Denton State School, as soon as I can set that up
* finding out how to get on a research team
* Taking GRE's in fall/spring 04-05, whenever I think Im ready
I don't think I'll be ready to apply to grad until fall 05. Im sure I can graduate by spring 05, but we'll see. Going to grad school is one thing I WILL NOT compromise on. I'll regret it for the rest of my life.
2. Grades and school are so boring to talk about in a blogger I mean *ooh* who wants to read about Sarah's life as a nerd with test anxiety?? But seriously, I lost it tuesday. 3 finals. Doesn't seem like *too* much ....well, let me paint a little picture for you, if I may.
* Geology : 8 am.
Sarah wakes up from dream ( in which I was staying in a gorgeous mansion sleeping on a silk tapestry chaise lounge ) at : 8:20 am
Obsenities soon follow.
Throws on flip flops to wear with pajama pants and sweat shirt, runs out door with key realizes its 30 degrees outside but can't get more sensible shoes b/c the shuttle is about to leave. Gets off shuttle, starts running again, wondering if this was part of my dream. ( Very "Run Lola Run-esque" ). Trips over flip flops, shows up to class. Out of breath, I plead that I overslept and I would be eternally grateful if I could still take the test. Geology prof looks up and down at me in disgust, but lets me take test. I procede to bomb it. ( Oh well, 1 dropped test grade means I didnt need it anyway! )
* Math: 4 pm.
David and I study for this test for 3 hours. I yell at him, tell him I can't learn this, and throw things the way I do when I am subjected to math. Even so, I still feel confident I could pass the make-or-break test. I start taking the test, realizing I didn't quite remember a formula I needed. I don't know why; it wasn't really that big of a deal, but I start balling uncontrollably. Sobbing. I had to hold my breath not to make any noise. 5 minutes of holding my breath and ripping my hair, I was able to complete the test, only to do it all over again when David got done.....but this time, out of relief. ( I'm glad I have a boyfriend who thinks I'm not *too* weird for having to cry about a math exam. ) I emailed the prof; he said I'm getting out of the class. Thank you Jesus. I'm holding him to it.
* History and Systems of Psych: Easy cheezy! Another A for Sarah!!
Seriously, I think I'm going to have to become one of those boring, competitive, grade grubbing people. I hate that. I'm still trying to find a loophole ;) In the meantime, I made a motivational sign to put on my buletin board. It's a giant "A" that's underlined, with a sticker of winnie the pooh scratching his head. I drew in a little speech bubble that says " will sarah get into grad school"? Yeah, that will make me feel guilty when I want to drink or do anything remotely fun. :)
3. NEW ORLEANS ON MONDAY!!!!!! After a hardass week of finals, and a hardass weekend of work, my reward is the Big Easy. I'm flying by myself...which isn't a big deal except I've never flown by myself. Actually, I haven't flown since I went to Germany before 9/11....haven't had a reason to. I'm excited! Yay adventures! It'll be wonderful just hanging out in a different place...spending stress-free time with my boyfriend before he goes home to South Carolina, and of course, seeing the Mean Green kick major ass.
4. I'm so damn sentimental. Why, when given the opportunity, do I want to go reunite with people from highschool with whom I never was great friends? Do I have something to prove? Blah! Too much thinking!
I love Christmastime though. It does give me a warm fuzzy feeling as much as I don't like to admit it. I miss my family and being in close vacinity to my good friends.
So, to everyone who reads this, have a great holiday. I truly hope you are all well and happy. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home