Thursday, October 30, 2003

BOO!

I am thoroughly scared after watching documentaries on the history channel about the true story of Dracula and then one about ghosties haunting places. Some ppl recorded noises on low frequency recorders and could actually discern words and sentences. Scaaaary.

What's even more scary is my math test looming at 8 am. Me and David were supposed to try a new studying method...going to bed pretty early then waking up at 5 to cram until the test. But here i am at 1 am wide awake....he's sprawled all over my bed with all the pillows and most of my feather comforter. And I can't sleep without my feather comforter. I got up and studied a little bit but still am pretty clueless. Sigh, I never learn.

Today was great though -- I went home to see my family. I live oh, about 45 minutes away from home yet havent actually been home in more than a month. My real motive was to snoop through my sister's closet and find things suitable for halloween costumes. I found the best stuff.....a purple satin corset with black lace, black fishnet tights, then i went in my closet and got out my old clunky black platforms i wore once or twice when i was 14....and a sequin princess crown to top it off. Lol, I will look more like a drag queen....but Im supposed to be a "lady of the night". I later asked my sister if she was a whore last year for halloween, or any other costume party...and nope; she just had all that hoe-bag gear in her normal rotation of clothing!! :-0

It was just really nice to do normal things with the fam....we all went to the grocery store and got stuff for dinner, cooked lasagna and salad and bread...and had yummy spaghetti warehouse cheesecake for dinner. God, I never thought I'd miss little things like that...having my mom drive me somewhere; watching simpsons with my sister....listening to Ian read to me. ( He is SO CUTE in his spiderman costume! ) When I told him I was going, he grabbed onto my legs and said " you need to stay home" and gave me the puppy dog eyes through his spiderman mask. A girl could melt. I always explained to him that I lived at school, like Harry Potter at Hogwarts;and that was enough explanation for him at the time but I guess not anymore :( .

Then driving, I had a total estrogen moment driving past a certain gorgeous church...the church I want to be married in. "Daughters" by John Mayer started playing on the cd and, seeing the streetlights blur on 635...and feeling like I was driving away from my past....and hearing "fathers, be good to your daughters...daughters will love like you do...." well, I thought about my dad and how I haven't seen him since july and how much I put him through and how things change so much. Before I had left the house, my sister was about to leave to give the homecoming garter she made to her date...so that made me all sentimental over something I'd never think I'd be sentimental about -- I mean, what a cheesy tradition! And then I thought about Tim Moll, a guy I didn't really know, but remembered from elementary school because we had the same birthday thus, joint cupcake parties in homeroom. He died.....motorcycle accident, drunk driving. Someone who came into the world on the same exact day as me in the same general area of the world is no longer here. That was a weird feeling. Of course then, after alllll this unnecessary sentimentality the tears start a-rollin', but in a good way and I feel all...well, let's just say the kind of emotion that deer-in-headlights Joey Potter used to feel 24-7 on Dawson's Creek. ( I know everyone's going to make fun of me for this. Something is wrong with me; I'm referencing DC ). And then all of the sudden, this huge ice chest comes barreling down the highway at me and it snaps me back to reality.

" HOLY FUC^*NG S^&T!"

I swerved and luckily didn't hit anyone. I had to laugh though....because life is funny like that.

Happy halloween all! Oh and, I never ask ppl to pray for things like .....doing well on tests because I think that's pretty trivial in the scheme of things.....but a little extra help wouldn't hurt on this one so...DIVINE INTERVENTION, PLEASE! I can't afford to take this class again. Anything above 70 would be marvelous.

Goodnight :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home