Sunday, July 27, 2003

weekend update!

I guess the big news of the week is I found a new job! I am an employee of Dillards. I'm starting out in childrens but they did mention they are looking to fill their 'customer liaison' ( personal shopper ) position soon. They pay really well and are 200% better to their employees than the wretched K-place where I was previously employed. It'll be a good job to keep until I graduate ( because there are opportunities for like, dollar raises every 6 months ). Then I can get a real job, depending on the market in 2005. If it's anything like now....maybe I should just hold onto this job for awhile :-/

Friday: Went to job training, Jimmy took me to Texas Roadhouse. I found out my dad has to go back to New Jersey to write programs for Kraft Foods. Kraft is owned by Phillip Morris. PM also owns Miller.......or one of the big beer brands. I told my dad to rig it to where a case of mac n cheese and beer will be shipped to my apartment. Everyone came over to 6101 and we drank and Trevor shaved David's head while he was drunk. I cried between taking blackmail pictures.

Saturday: I took the boys to Joes' crabshack for lunch and went shopping. Andrew was playing blues guitar and his diddly bo at Brickhaus that night -- his first real gig. It was really great because the entire " Kerr cult" as it was circa 2002 freshman year minus a few that went home for summer came out to see him. His little set of course was badass. I knew he was awesome at the guitar but was surprised at how great his voice was. Awesome range.
Afterwards we went to Allene's new place which is HUGE. Man, I want a house now. Gimme gimme.

Tomorrow I'm going to garland for my little brother's 5th birthday party. Ben Folds' tickets go on sale too. I really want to go...it's a whole arts festival at OU with other bands like Better than Ezra. Annnnd, Ben Folds aparently came out with a new EP with 5 or so new songs which I've heard a little bit of....and of course they're all awesome. The only thing is it's in oklahoma and on a weekend and I'll prolly have to work and Suzi doesnt want to go and David will probably have band stuff. Man, my concert buddies are crapping out on me ;)

That's all. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home