Tuesday, August 26, 2003

So hopefully the internet will work for more than 5 minutes for me to write this.

After a wild weekend of getting a flat tire, 3 parties....(1 at a trailer park complete with poker, mullets, and 80'[s hair band music...another with deceptively strong trashcan punch and lots of pretty white boys ), work of course, and a huge last-day-of-summer get together with allll the gang at the Tomato, I went back to school.

I was really depressed yesterday. I came up with the idea to just finish my basics this semester sooo I'm taking math @ 8 am. I slept through the alarm of course, and Shelley, David AND Josh had to get me up.

Then we wait for the E-Trans, which is always late, crowded, and inconvenient. In the math class, they tell me and David we have to take another placement test. Maybe since I have taken col. alg twice I can swing it to where I bipass this math all together and they'll forget my 2 um, other math grades never exsisted. That would rock.

Then I had a communications lab. Can we say " hello sophmore yr highschool speech class"? Yea, that sucked.

Geology lab was after that. That class may be okkkk.....I found out that there are stalagtites actually on the UNT campus....somewhere near the post office.

Today was a little better though. I had the geology class, came home for lunch with Amy and went back for my psych class. You know how I said I was taking psych of sex behavior? Well, I'm an idiot and got the course numbers wrong. I'm reaaally taking Intro to Psychological Measures. Now, I have to take this class anyway...but man, what a downer right?

It was actually ok....I came out of it pumped; remembering why I'm a psych major. Our prof was really enthusiastic and asked us all what we wanted to do in grad school, since most of us are going on to grad. We then spent the rest of the time talking about psychological testing and how these tests are "gatekeepers" and brands for all the educational aspects of your life. Yeah, you know you're a psych nerd when you think this is interesting.

David just took his placement test and got a hundred. Punk.

Well, I need to take mine now and then go to my history and systems class. Be back at 10!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home