Theory vs. Action
I don't know how to delete the last post....I was angry and overreacted. More often times than not, things aren't exactly what they seem.
Now that I've dropped my intro to psych measures class, I'm doing very well in all my classes...but I can't shake the feeling that I'm a slacker. A failure. I should have worked harder.
But what am I doing to accomplish this?
All theory and no action.
I'm going to start reading more. Mahoney said something in history and systems that really hit home with me. He was talking about writing....because as a professional in psych, you have to do a lot of it. He said to never lose your creative side. Psychology wants you to write logical, informative, cut-and-dry blurbs....unless you delve into "california-self-help-pseudopsychology". " Anything completely logical is uninteresting and uninformative. Write your heart." The man is brilliant.
Anything completely logical is uniteresting and uninformative.
It leaves no room for questioning; no room your yearning or thought.
This makes a good argument for faith, for example.
I need to change a few things. I need to be patient and forgiving and not so jealous all the time. I'm sorry for so much.
what i've kept with me, and what i've thrown away
and where the hell i've ended up on this glarey random day
the things i really cared about just left along the way,
from being to pent-up and proud....
be calm, be brave, it'll be ok.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home