Stress abounds!
I've learned very early in the year that....being a junior will suck mightily. In my intro to psych testing class I found out that in order to successfully be admitted to grad school, the clinical program ( not the touchy-feely dr. phil counceling program ) I need to work 800 x harder than I've ever worked before. When it comes down to it, I really am a slacker. I always have the best intentions....but especially after my nightmarish highschool years, I rarely will stay up all night working on something. I cherish sleep. This will just have to change....as next semester I start working on an honors thesis, start volunteering at hospices/and or Denton State School, hob nobbing with the big whigs in the psych department, and making all A's. The A's part starts now.....which will be close to impossible with all my math-heavy classes. I feel like my hopes and dreams are slowly being crushed. I've wanted to major in psychology ever since I was 14. Career Connections in highschool, baby...I did my career project on being a psychologist. I had seen how shitty some councelors/therapists really were and wanted to turn the field upside-down. I wanted to write books and have clients and see all sorts of people from all walks of life and uncover the true essence of who they were. When I took IB psychology when I was 16...it was the only class I would read the notes over and over again and try to apply it to my own life and the ones of those around me. There are tons of psychology majors here....it's one of the top 3 majors here besides business and music. I am but a baby fish in a huge sea. I feel like I've made it through a lot of the hoops; the classes now are 3 times smaller than they were when I was a freshman. But, it looks like it may be cut throat for the rest of the way...from getting into grad school to getting a decent job. Siiiiigh.
But I'm ok. :) I just made the most awesome "de-stress" play list on my computer. Something to listen to in complete darkness and just unwind . I highly reccommend these songs if you're feeling the same way I am right now:
*"come downstairs and say hello" guster
*"aqueous transmission" incubus
*"treefingers" radiohead
*" adagio for strings" barber
*" grace" U2
*"pale september" Fiona Apple
*"landslide" Stevie Nicks
*"crash into me" Dave Matthews Band
*"wandering" Ben Folds <--- ( new EP is so fun!)
*" sail to the moon" radiohead
* " slow motion" third eye blind
*" paper tiger" beck ( actually; the entire beck sea change cd is great for not being stressed out to. )
à bientot! Oh, and coming soon: sarah gets blogger pro! ( because she's running out of space on angelfire to put her pictures. )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home