Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Today I took Legal Issues at training. You can be sued for damned near anything. Wow.

And I realized how so many of my public school teachers totally broke the rules. Some in good ways, some in horrid ways. ( I.E., a certain senior year English teacher who would let us peer-grade, then have us call out our grades in front of everyone, and then if we failed state why we think we failed. ) ILLEGAL!

I also found out 2 interesting ( well one sad, one interesting ) things today. I have a great-aunt named Linda. I vaguely remember her. Her twin is Glenda ( So that means twins on BOTH sides of my family...sooo doomed for when and if I make babies one day. ) Linda and Glenda are sisters to the afore mentioned Harry and Manly James. Well, poor Aunt Linda died of food poisoning. What an awful way to go. ( And I love how my dad always casually mentions deaths on his side of the family). The interesting things were, A) she was a truck driver! Like, a real trucker who drove 18-wheelers even though she was 68. B) She was freakin' MAYOR of her town, Benjamin. Benjamin is a speck of dirt half way to Lubbock in No-Mans Land on 114. I really wish I would have known her better. She didn't have kids, and my dad is always weird in the way he says " she was a TRUCK DRIVER", so I get the idea. I want to go to her funeral, but it's in said dirt-speck town this friday, the day we cover diversity in the classroom. So, God love ya Great-Aunt Linda. I hardly knew thee.

What else...the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was good but in its own rite, very different from the more musical trippy 70s one. ( The next time you watch the old one, notice how Charlie never blinks. )HE'S ON DRUGS! Using the coco beans for something else, methinks. Denton Movie Tavern is cool but expensive. Get the monster 40 oz pina colada for 2 and you will be laughing more than the kids during the movie.

You've got to hold on to your youth somehow :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home