What would you have done:
Student A: " Girl, you gotta whole lotta weave in your hair!"
Student B: " You gotta whole lotta ugly on your face!"
Uggggh, I barked at them both and took 2 points off their " participation and citizenship" grade. But when I turned around I had to hide my face because I was laughing so hard. Man, that was GOOD! The timing was amazing. When I was in school, I got made fun of on the bus. A lot. My big frizzy hair and my cry-baby sentimentality was just tooo easy. I would lie awake at night and try to think of come-backs, just to have some stored up for when the next show-down happened. But I could never have come up with " you gotta a whole lotta ugly on your face". Comedic gold.
Saw "V for Vendetta"...was actually really good. I was expecting that comic booky crap, but it so was not. Natalie Portman also has the right shaped skull and frame to be able to go around bald. Under my mounds of hair, I have a smallish head and a very un-dainty neck. I would look like a man.
I got hooked on jasmine rice when I got hooked on Thai food. Thai food is my crack cocaine. I now make my own jasmine rice, which is light, fluffy, and fragrant. I will never go back to plain old rice, and will only eat brown once in awhile.
Mike, I read your blog, just know that I am rooting for you...I've always admired your ability to roll with the punches and just be happy. It will be interesting to see where you go next. However, Midland/Odessa will lose probably 80% of its cool factor if you go. Ranchers, oil men, and house wives who live on that stretch of road you drive your fancy red car down everyday will stand outside scratching their heads, " Now where's my daily 'yellowcard'? "Where's that dang ol city boy with the punk rock n' roll tunes rattlin' the windows wakin' me up at 6 AM?" The few clandestine liquor stores will lose revenue with your absense; " The Bar" and that random dance club out in that field will have to eventually shut down what with your posse disbanded. ...Maybe you should rethink your plans. ;)
And in other vague politicalness,
" legalize, don't criminalize."
peace out

6 Comments:
Thanks for the words of encouragement miss cox. i drove all over new mexico today and somewhere in the middle of the desert was a huge metal sign with three letters... COX
And in other vague politicalness,
...they're called "illegal" immigrants for a reason.
they pay taxes though.
and at one time, your polish folks were immigrants too, and no one likes a pollack ;)
PS - i love my phalic last name. its even better that i just got invited to the " ball family reunion". yes. i am a ball-cox.
woah dang! mike's gonna speak his mind!
I’ve got nothing against immigration... do your paperwork, wait your turn and become a US Citizen. That’s well good and all. The illegal alien is what I refer to. My ancestors didn't just sneak in undetected and break the law; they worked hard and became US Citizens legally. There are thousands of Mexican Americans working hard to do that today as well. The problem with “illegals” is that they DONT pay taxes because they work undocumented in our country. To "legalize" undocumented passage into our country would be a grave injustice to those who work hard everyday to become legitimate Mexican American citizens.
...and i'm spent
no, legalizing means that these "undocumented" workers who have found jobs get papers so that they then start paying taxes. The thing is, illegal immigrants for the most part aren't just sitting around on their asses. In order to risk their lives to come here, they must really, really have drive. The strong and the skilled survive.
Why does the " Futurarian" episode of South Park keep coming to mind?
" They took our jobbbs!!!!"
actually, the criminalization part got taken out of the bill. And, guest workers ( once tagged ) would pay taxes and would be eligible for citizenship after 6 years. That sounds pretty fair...so, now I don't know where I stand with all that :)
Again, this is why I stick to talking about food and music.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home