Went out last night on Greenville and ate some more Thai food. I love that I go to these supposed 4 star Thai places....and they don't compare to Denton's Thai Ocha...which sits in an old Pizza Inn Building!
I realized that I have less and less in common with the people who are my friends. That doesn't mean I have to stop being friends with them though. And, if I met someone who was just like me, I wouldn't want to be their friend for fear of competition in coolness. I haven't spent this much time alone since before college. I still am social on many occasions, but after spending years of no life in high school, I craved friends and gatherings and fun in college. I never spent a night alone.
When I first got to college and set up my dorm, I was so incredibly nervous that I would be sharing that small space with someone I had only talked to on the internet a few times, for a whole year. But, it turned out ok. Great, even, sometimes. I got so used to just knowing someone else was there in the room. When I lived in the house last year with the guys, even though I complained about the mess and the pot smoking and the noise....all that was comforting.
Living alone is ok, but in a very different way. Sometimes I wake up around 4 AM and it's completely still and cold, but I could have sworn someone was there just a minute ago. I have to close the door to my bedroom, deadbolt the front door, then pull all the blankets over my head and count til I fall back asleep. I sleep with 4 pillows on the bed, which I shape into one big "Matt" shaped pillow ( ok ok some nights its Jim from 'the Office' ) Snuggling up to that is not as good as the real thing though.
I do like not having to fight about keeping the Britney Spears poster up in the living room, of all places, and just being able to lounge around on the couch in my pj's on sunday and not feel guilty about taking up space. I digress.
6 work days til TDay Break.

1 Comments:
I have to apologize: I gave Andrew that Britney Spears poster back in the Kerr Hall days as a joke. I had no idea it was still alive and kicking, let alone on display on ya'lls living room wall. I'm sorry, Sarah! lol
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home