Thursday, July 28, 2005



Today is my little brother's 7th birthday! He's done the best he can not to explode with questions about his gifts. Around the time this picture was taken at Christmas, the words "present" "santa" and "can we open gifts now" were banned from the house, he was so inquisitive.

Ian James was born when I was in Bermuda with my Dad and my sister. I was recovering from food poisoning when my mom called our hotel room to say that he was there. And just like that when we came home, there was a little peanut-shaped baby sleeping soundly in his crib. I still didn't know what to think. I immediately felt endeared to this little baby, but me being 15 and not knowing what people would think...well I hadn't told many of my friends. So the way a lot of people found out was, " oh...my mom's married again and they had a baby." " Whaaaa?"

But everybody loved Ian. Attention-seeking prankster Ian. He's a good kid, and I'm enjoying him more and more as he gets older. What other 7-year old knows the words to "holla back girl" and "funkytown"? ( We're working with him on acquiring a better taste in music).

So I will be attending his Madagascar-themed party on saturday. Motorcycle Diaries didn't get watched last night because we ended up at the stupid bar AGAIN. They don't even scan my ID anymore because all the bartenders know who I am. Don't get me wrong...I'm glad the bar is there. Mayumi and I discussed the dynamics and purpose of "Happy Hour". People go to happy hour so they can vent about their job and unwind so when they come home to their family, it's all about them. It's so funny how you can always find people from the foster care center where Matt works. Those people ALWAYS need a time and a place to vent. They all love working there though. So while Matt talked about work with his work buddies, Mayumi and I found Ben, who is also, always at the stupid bar. Ben is the kind of guy you just want to hug and say it'll be all ok. Softest curliest 'fro on a white dude you will ever encounter. Anyway, I hope our little discussions distracted him for awhile.

I dreamt that Jack Johnson was hanging out on the porch at Lucky Lou's last night. We sang songs and I bought him a shot.

I am such a nerd; I can't wait for work/school to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home