Yesterday I had the joy of going to the Collin County Detention Center.
*shock, horror!*
Nah, I wasn't dancing on tables again...I had to get fingerprints done for an uber-lame background check. They can bump me to substitute teacher pay scale if I don't comply. I had to actually go in the lock-down part of the building. The whole thing was very Stanley Kubrick-esque; the facility itself is out in the middle of nowhere, nestled in a green hill with small trees....the only sounds were cows in the distance and the whirring of all the generators. I find the hall they told me to walk down and it was long, stark-white and grey, with cameras and red-painted alarms. I had to be escorted through 3 lead doors to the room where they fingerprinted. I got to see people coming down off of booze, meth....what have you. Some people looked like slack-jawed yokels; others looked like they could have been my college buddy.
So jail is a pretty scary place. I hope that's the last time I see the inside of one.
Oh! But when I get back to my car in the lot, it wont start. So I sat in the hot sun for an hour and a half in BFE McKinney TX waiting for my mom to come with jumper cables. It wasn't the battery though, so today I have the pleasure of next trying to see if it's the fuel filter.
*Edit*
I'm home, 6 hours and about 600 dollars later...ye olde fuel pump crapped out. I hate being so dependent on a car. Where's my hovercraft? Or at least decent public transportation?!? Seriously, Texas, you're way behind the times. The DART rail is expanding, but not fast enough in my opinion. And, it's not all that reliable. Damn ticket machine ate my money and took several calls to corporate to get a refund. My sister is being kind enough to let me rock the hyundai until I get my malibu out of the shop.
I've decided to start a diet. I weigh 1umpty5, and would like to weigh 1umpty5 minus 20. It's called the"abs diet"....Kinney lost 25 lbs on it in 5 weeks. It's out of Men's Health Magazine, but the food seems more do-able than say, south beach or adkins. You can actually eat bread in this one! I'm trying to convince myself I need to eat right not to lose weight but to be healthy and have loads of energy. Like say today...my daddy took me to that "Mexican Embassy of Food" place in Plano...what's that called? Uff, so good.....my dad was acting all uptight so I ordered him a schooner of margarita while he was in the bathroom. Best idea ever! Daddy's so much more fun and docile when he's liquored up. Anyway, we ordered a ton of food, as this was the last good Mexican food he would get before he moved off to New Jersey again. ( I swear this time I will go visit him and take pictures of the trees and have a 'garden state' tour!) Ugh digressing again......we ordered a lot of food and I got absolutely stuffed like a giant grub and loafed around a few hours before deciding to get my hair cut. That's the only food I've eaten today except for a Mrs Field's cookie and a diet coke. Do you know how BAD that is to eat lunch or dinner as your biggest meal? So see? This is a health thing. Not a vanity thing. True I've got some chub from too many trips to Mr. Chopsticks and let's face it.....BEER. Here's hoping I won't have to hide it/suck it in anymore.
So hair cut. I love it! I need to write to the inventor of the Chi flatiron and personally thank him or her. God, so many wasted hours trying to get my wild hair to lay down or at least go in one uniform direction. So many terrible hair cuts. But now, thanks to the advent of affordable flat irons, I have my life back!
Ok, pictures. I promise you I'm not vain; I just want to show off Becky at Regis' good work! ( taken with crappy webcam bc digicam is sick :( )


Ok. It's time to end this post. I promise that later on I will have something more interesting, pertinent, or scholarly to say. Ciao.
NP: "morning bell" radiohead
" in the morning" the coral
" beautiful night" the burden brothers
" neighborhood #2" the arcade fire

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home