Thursday, April 20, 2006

Alright, well the only guesser was mikeymo so good job, chum. ( And I mean, this goes to show how truly eclectic my music library is. Some of these songs I hadn't heard since I had dl-ed them).

The answers were:
1. High and Dry, Radiohead
2. The theme from " Les Parapluies de Cherbourg" ...haha
3. " I will survive" yup, the Cake version. Good job, M.
4. " Brothers on a Hotel Bed", Death Cab for Cutie
5. "Life is Beautiful", Ryan Adams
6. " Weeee are the Championnnns" Queen
7. " Oh, Sailor", Fiona Apple ( very cool cd )
8. " Say it Ain't So..." Weezer. ( Best sung drunk on a table top at Lucky Lou's)
9. " The Underpants Gnome Song" South Park...yeah...I know. I thought this was funny circa 2002
10. " The Company Car", Switchfoot. You should definitely download this Mike. It's about a dude who swore he'd never sell out...
11. " Song for the Dumped" Ben Folds Five
12. " Pink and Brown", Headphones ( this is a whiney emo-y song that I dl-ed and listened to maybe twice )
13. " Killing me Softly" fuuuuugeess ( whut whut )
14. " Grace is Gone", Dave Matthews Band ('scuse me please, one more drink, could ya make it strong cause I don't need to think...)
15. " Wires and Waves", Rilo Kiley
16. " Only" NIN
17. "Drunken Punchup at a Wedding" radiohead
18. " John Wayne Gacy Jr." Sufjan Stevens
19. " One hand, One heart" from West Side Story
20. "chocolate", snow patrol ( they use this on grey's anatomy sometimes)
21. " This Love" Maroon 5
22. " P----- Control" Prince. heheheh, I thought I'd stay honest about what I had on my playlist. ( But Prince IS a badass )
23. " Ice Cream", Sarah McLachlan
24. " J'en ai marre!" Alizée! Cheeziest French pop EVAR!
25. " the professor", Damien Rice

SO there ya go.

I joined the weight loss challenge thingy at work, did I say that? The school nurse weighed me and it was 10 lbs more than what my scale at home says. Ohmylord, I have been living a lie. I think I'm the opposite of anorexic. I have a long skinny mirror in my room and it makes me look thinner than I really am. I have gained 38 lbs in 5 years. If that trend continued, in 5 more years...I'd be just a few away from 200 pounds.

Jeeeebus.

So I've been even more hard on myself. Am drinking nothing but water and eating 1200 calories a day. ( I'm sorry, I know this is boring but typing it and seeing it and publicizing it will make me more likely to commit to it). I played some more raquetball, and have stayed away from the scale. If I win the weight loss challenge, I win the pot which is a little more than 100 dollars. Being 15-20 pounds thinner and healthier would be great too.

I was turning into my street on the way from work and recognized Matt's roommate and his fellow DJ friends who live a few houses down from me. They were right in the middle of the road staring at some pine trees. I rolled down my window and yelled " Outta my way weirdos!" And they just sorta stared, then yelled " FOUR TWENTY!!!!!!!!!"

And I looked at him puzzled, and then the college-part of my brain kicked in. Ah, yes. Sad that right now the only thing I associate 420 with is the day the math TAKS takes place. ( You can imagine what a fun day I had. )

So, happy April 20th, however you celebrate it.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

puff, puff, pass....Lighten up on the weight thingie. look within at the beautiful person you really are. You will., as time gores on, get older. But that shining light within you will shine forever and ever and ever.
you write well
keep smiling!
bodhi
The_Psychedelic_Tourist@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home