I'm definitely sending my future kids to bilingual schools. It's embarrassing for myself, after having 10 years off and on of French ,that it still hurts my brain to listen and process long blurbs of instruction from my new (native speaker ) department chair. It humbles me to really only have the ability to answer in simple sentences. Impromptu speaking has always just made my mind go blank, especially after long periods without practice.
So, my inflated ego from last nights' boggle game wins against Matt has been depleted. Now if we played "el bogglé", well, I'm sure he'd kick my ass. I also feel ignorant by being a Texan my whole life and not knowing Spanish. It should just happen through osmosis. Alas, no.
Oh, PS, I don't know if I said but: I amnotgoingtogradschoolyetbecauseImissedalotofdeadlinesduetolazinessandunpreparedness. Shouldbeabletogointhespringorsummer. There. I wish I had the giddy-uppedness as so many of my friends and colleagues do, ( i know people my age who are DONE with their masters' ), but I tend to do things in my own time. I've said before...everything looks so good and logical in my head, it's the putting it into action that kills me.
Well, anyway.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home